The duties of physician:
- Administer the day to day operations of the Infirmary Clinic.
- Review each case admitted in the infirmary after the nurse check the vital signs.
- Treat each case accordingly.
- Refer cases to either Al Mana Hospital or any government hospital if the treatment is not available at the infirmary.
- Periodically review and replenish the stock of medicines with the assistance of the infirmary nurse.
- Make requisition orders of medical equipment as it deemed necessary.
- Enforce infection control regulations in the college.
- Conduct health awareness campaign in the college.
- Head and coordinate MACHS emergence team when emergency arises.
- Train students and staff on BLS in collaboration with the GTC team.
- Be part of the committee responsible for approving student’s medical excuses.
The duties of nurse:
- Manage day- to- day operations of the Health Care Clinic.
- Maintain health records, documenting each patient contact, health status and updating patient profile. (Form to be filled out - Health Assessment form No. 1.
- Check equipment and supplies, restocking as necessary. Check emergency cupboard.
- Ensure confidentiality during visits and telephone contact, as well as student health record.
- Provide primary care for eligible student, faculty and staff health concerns during scheduled health service hours.
- Distribute non- prescription medications after appropriate assessment.
- Encourage health maintenance and promotion through counseling and awareness activity.
- Take initial and interim history and vital signs on each patient.
- Consult and assist health clinic doctor in the day- to- day work.
- Assure that patients understand instructions.
- Receiving and processing students’ medical excuses.
- Coordinate with the medical emergency team in case of emergency.