POLICY OF STUDENTS’ MEDICAL EXCUSES
In order to standardize the process of accepting student’s excuses from various medical centers in the country, a set of rules have been stated in order to guide the students through the process of submission and the regulations which govern all medical reports.
Policy Statement: Medical Excuses should be valid, and submitted on time
The regulations for accepting medical excuses:
- Sick leaves: official medical report from governmental hospital or Almana General Hospital with clear diagnosis and duration of sick leave with the hospital stamp.
- Maternity: fifteen days from that child’s birth date as shown in the birth certificate (a copy of birth notification certificate should be submitted).
- The original sick leave (not a copy) shall be submitted to the MACHS Infirmary.
- Sick leaves shall be submitted within five working days from the day the student becomes absent.
- If the medical notice is submitted, the college administration may ask for a medical report which must be submitted within 2 weeks (14 days) of the time of issuance. Any report submitted after 14 days is grounds for dismal of sick leaves).
Sick leaves reports in the final exam:
- Only sick leaves with a medical report from Almana General Hospital Khobar will be accepted by the medical excuses committee during the final examination period.
- Medical Report should be submitted within maximum 48 hours.
- Medical reports are accepted outside Almana Hospital for the delivery, abortion and road traffic accident.
The procedures for submitting excuses on regular days:
- Students must submit the medical report (not a notice) to the infirmary staff, if notice is submitted a letter will be sent to the hospital for a medical report.
- The sick leave will be approved by the Dean.
- The Infirmary staff shall send the approved copy to the course coordinators and (HOD) of the academic department.
- A copy of all medical excuses/ reports shall be kept in a designated file.
The procedures for submitting excuses during quizzes or final exams:
- The student must inform the lecturer of the sick leave first.
- The student must submit the medical report to the infirmary coordinator.
- The Infirmary coordinator will refer the report to the head of the Academic department for approval or rejection.
- The HOD will submit the report after approval or rejection to the infirmary.
- The Infirmary unit coordinator gets approval from the Dean.
- The infirmary sends decision on the sick report to the HOD through the official email.
- The HOD will send it to the concerned faculty.
Issuance Of Medical Report
The accepted medial report issues:
- Governmental hospitals and Almana General Hospitals.
- Private hospital in cases of (maternity, miscarriage, hospitalization, surgery or having medical insurance for that hospital).
- Car accidents, Road Traffic accidents (RTA).
- Patient sitters who are accompanying a hospitalized child or parents should submit a medical report of the person who was hospitalized and a companion letter from the hospital.
- Report issued from MACHS infirmary clinic.
The unaccepted media report issues:
- Medical report from private hospitals, except (maternity, miscarriage, hospitalization, important surgeries or having medical insurance for that hospital).
- Medical report from a governmental dispensary and all other private health center.
- Medical report which is submitted after five working days of absence.
- Unofficial / incomplete Medical reports or sick-leaves.
- Accompany sibling.
NOTE: The only valid approved excuse form is the one which is signed by the Dean of Academic Affairs and sent through an official MACHS mail.