STUDENT EMPLOYMENT POLICY
- The Student Affairs Center offers opportunities to employ students, based on MACHS needs, and this is especially for students who work to pay for a portion of their education expenses.
Conditions & Procedures
- It must be a temporary contract for maximum of 12 months.
- It must be made in duplicate, a copy for the student and one for the employer.
- It must be signed before the employment begins.
- The hours of part time job is limited (10 hours maximum per week).
- The work for the student within the vacation and the holidays is not allowed.
- Students can be terminated for poor performance, violation of student employment regulations, exposure of work secrets, graduation or academic dismissal/probation.
Trial Period The student has a trial period of 5 working days. During this period the student and the Student Affairs supervisor can breach the contract without further formalities.
A successful student employee demonstrates the following qualities:
- Reliably attends and adheres to assigned work schedules.
- Does not take/make personal phone calls, except for emergency reasons.
- Maintains the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Communicates effectively and respectfully with supervisors, and others, whether they are college community members, visitors to the campus, or affiliated parties through a community service site.
- I will protect the privacy and confidentiality of official duties, while in or out of the department. Furthermore, I agree that.
- I will only access the information that I need to do my job.
- I will not share any banner or computer related login passwords.
- I will not show, tell, copy, sell, review, email, change, dispose, or otherwise use any confidential information except as it relates to my assigned job and if it does, I will follow the correct department procedure.
- I know that my access to confidential information may be audited at any time.
- Completes and submits all work-related paperwork and timesheets to supervisors.
- I understand that information pertaining to students, alumni, employees, and departmental correspondence, from any source, in any form, is confidential.
- I will take a warning if I break this agreement.
- I know that failure to comply with this agreement may results in disciplinary action regarding my employment.
- The payment will be monthly from account office at the rate of SR 15 per hour.
Student Support Services