A.Final Makeup Exam
The students with medical excuses should be directed to the infirmary immediately by the advisors and it will be decided by the infirmary doctor, nurse and the dean whether to approve or reject the absence. If the excuse is approved the scanned copy of approval will be sent to the central examination coordinator by the infirmary nurse to schedule make up exam.
The students with other excuses should be sent to the department head and the department head with the dean decides whether to approve or reject the excuse. If the excuse is approved the scanned copy of approval will be sent to the central examination coordinator by the department head/secretary to schedule make up exam.
The procedures to be followed for the final make up exams:
- Make up exam schedule will be prepared by the examination centre and sent to course coordinators and advisors so that the exams are prepared, advisees are informed and make up exams are conducted. After the makeup exam, change of grades policy should be followed by the course coordinator.
- The course coordinator will arrange for final exam makeup before the end of the final examination period and the final grade will be uploaded to the SIS as a regular final Grade.
- If the final exam make up could not be arranged within the final exam period, then the students final grade will be uploaded as IC, and a final examination make up will be arranged before the start of the next semester. No IC grade should be carried after the start of the new semester.
- If a student submits a vague or unclear excuse for missing a final exam, then the excuse will be sent to the formulated final exams committee for excuses. The committee will study the excuse and form a decision. The course coordinator, HOD and Vice dean will be notified about the decision by the chair of the committee.
- Only one make up exam for a particular course should be arranged and given to all students who have been granted a makeup.
- A copy of students transcript must be sent to the advisor to follow up students after the end of each semester.
B.Other Makeup Exams
The students who are absent for exam 1 and 2 should submit the valid reason/ medical certificate to the infirmary supervisor within one week from the date of absence and if it is approved he/she should write the make-up exam within second week from the day of absence. The delayed submission of the excuses will not be considered.